Tuesday, July 3, 2012

God is proud of you...

At the end of this month, I will hop on an airplane for the first time in 22 years. I have lived in utter fear of them for a long time and I'm learning that I'm definitely not alone. 1 in 10 adults has a fear of flying! Crazy, right?!
The reason I am going though, is worth it. We will be driving to Colorado to drop my littles off with papa and nanna and my husband and I will be flying to Las Vegas for Scentsy Convention 2012. Hands down one of my favorite things to do every year. There is nothing like it! After trying to talk my husband into driving, I swallowed the fact that flying was the best option for this trip. Oh and by swallowed, I mean that big 'gulp' you see cartoon characters do with the bowling ball going down their throat.
To amp myself up, I've been watching videos for people with a fear of flying aimed at calming common fears. The first video absolutely freaked...me...out! Yes, I was sitting in my bed watching it on YouTube, but honestly, terrified me. So I begun to pray.
Time finally came last week to book the flight. I knew if I waited much longer, I'd pay more for it and if you know me, you know that was not going to happen. I prayed about it much the night before and got up early so I could get it done before the family woke. I prayed about which airline, which seats, what days...everything! God really does care about all of these things if they are our worries.
So it is done. Tickets are purchased and I'm continuing in prayer and will be until we're home again. If I were honest with you, I'd tell you that my fear of flying has kept me from doing so many things. Most recently from taking an all expense paid trip to the Dominican Republic. I don't want to let fear keep me from experiences like this any more.
After booking the flight, I hopped right on Facebook to 'brag' about my achievement claiming that all should be proud! :) After all, this was a big step! So many funny and kind comments came pouring in of support and applause, but one comment stuck out and became a blessing.
A friend I've known for a very long time simply said, "God is proud of you!"
It resinated in my spirit for days. Those 5 words stuck like cement in my head.
Was He really proud of me for this? The longer I thought on it, the more my spirit responded with 'yes!' God was and is proud of me for booking those flights. Why? Because it is me giving up a fear and putting my faith in His love and protection for me which is one of the most basic things He asks of us. He wants us to put our everything in His hands, to allow Him to watch over, guide, and bless our lives. We are His creation whom He loves and adores! He desires us to trust Him and that is exactly what I am doing. My hearts greatest desire in life is to make my Maker proud of me. To hear one day "well done my good and faithful servant".
So, on July 22nd and 28th, if you think of me, throw an extra prayer up to Him on our behalf. Not only for our safety, but for my mind to be peaceful and my heart to be in full faith of my Creator.
Oh and thank you dear friend for your words. You probably didn't think much about them when you replied, but I really feel like those were words spoken through you for me and I appreciate you!

No comments:

Post a Comment